- Dark Handmade and Vintage Adornments by Ally Shaw
Beck Sian proudly wears artisan jewellery created by her friend Ally Shaw, the designer and maker behind Feral Strumpet: "imaginative handmade gothic, witchy, dark mori jewelry. I'm inspired by fairy tales and folklore, gothic literature, and pagan ritual. I also offer lovingly refurbished antique and vintage finds that suggest their own dark histories." (Ally's quote borrowed from the Feral Strumpet website).
- Brigantes Tribal
American Tribal Style Belly Dance in York, UK.
"We are Brigantes Tribal. We dance American Tribal Style® Belly Dance. We regularly meet in York. If you would like more information please contact brigantestribal@
- The Music of Beck Sian & Jonathan Kershaw
"... Romantic, haunting vocals together with Celtic fused, emotive guitar..."
The joint website of Beck Siàn and Jonathan Kershaw.
- Jonathan Kershaw Music
The official website of my wonderfully talented guitarist and songwriter friend, Jonathan Kershaw, with whom I will be touring from now until the end of 2014 on our 'Beautiful Ghosts & Bizarre Tales' Tour.
- Circus Bizarre Guitar Tuition
Specialist in Hard Rock & Heavy Metal Techniques!
Learn to play guitar, or improve your playing via coaching, with Beck Siàn's musical partner, acclaimed guitarist Jonathan Kershaw! Based in West Sussex.
- Stephen Smith Photography
Stephen Smith has taken some beautiful live performance photos of Jonathan Kershaw and Beck Siàn recently. His portraits of Beck are also featured on her new CD 'In the Winter Dark'. He is very talented! Please check out his website www.swsmithphoto.com and please do keep him in mind if you'd like a special event photographed. Stephen is based in Hampshire.
- Wyldraven Art
Jonathan Kershaw and I love the artwork of Raven Dark: Wyldraven Art. Perfect for CD covers and booklets, poster art, and so much more. Check it out. It's dark, atmospheric and terrifyingly beautiful!
- Driftwood Hollow Vintage Faerie
Beck loves to wear floral headdresses and costume accessories by Tania 'Willow' Jordan at Driftwood Hollow Vintage Faerie shop: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Driftwood-Hollow-Vintage-Faerie/118903048169517
- LEGEND - Official website
Beck Sian has been working with awesome prog-rock band LEGEND. The new CD 'Spirit', features Beck as vocalist.
- Portraits by Krystyna FitzGerald-Morris
Krystyna FitzGerald-Morris is one of Beck's closest friends and is a very talented and professional photographer, specialising in portraits. Krys designed the 'Luminous Wings & Unseen Things' CD cover for Beck.
"Based in Rochester in Kent, Krystyna specialises in family & children's portraits, bringing a creative element to both group & solo shots. She has a fully equipped studio or can travel to your home or a location of your choice. Krys also enjoys doing solo portrait work, including glamour & character photography."
- Steve Palmer/MOOCH
My good friend Steve Palmer - the very talented man who co-produced and engineered my "Ye Olde Silent Inn" CD. Steve has an ongoing band called MOOCH, which has been around for many years and many albums, with ever-changing musicians and contributors. I've been lucky enough to be involved in the latest CD - called "Stations of the Sun".
- Official Website Wave-Gotik-Treffen Leipzig
The world's largest goth festival. Jonathan Kerhsaw and Beck Siàn are looking forward to performing here in June 2014.
- Whalebone - brand new website
- Beck's favourite UK band 'Whalebone', with whom she has often performed. Check them out - folky, rootsy and funky - they are fabulous!
- A hugely talented instrumental group (2 guitars played by Steve and Char, and fiddle played by Sarah). They're funny. They're amazing songwriters and instrumentalists. They're doing lots of gigs with Beck this year. They're 'Whalebone' -check them out!
- Australia's Didgeman is a good friend of Beck's and his didgeridoo playing features on her 'Unfurling' album. A respected didgeridoo player, maker and tutor. Check out his fabulous website for all things didgeridoo.
- Chris 'Didgman' Thorn
My darling friend Chris Thorn... a talented didgeridoo player, musician and healer, and all-round lovely and caring chap ;-)
- Chris Gill
- Chris is a good friend of Beck's. He is also a wonderful guitarist, songsmith, multi-instrumentalist and producer. As well as being the founding member and backbone of 'Band of Rain', Chris always has loads of interesting projects on the go. In his spare time, he is helping Beck to record a new album/s!
- Band of Rain
- Atmospheric, dark, brooding music - Beck loves it. In fact, she may be doing some singing with 'Band of Rain' at some stage in the future...
- Lycan Media Group
- The website of Beck Siàn's Offical Public Relations Representative, Mr. Ralph Rea.
- The Merlin Bird
- A truly creative, refreshing and colourful Australian band. Head guitarist, keyboard player, singer and songsmith, Geoff, kindly invited Beck to do some session singing on a couple of their projects. Check out the website to hear samples.
- Yesterday's Child Jewellery
Yesterday's Child is the home of enchanting handmade jewelry featuring the unique grace of Victorian children. Each of the girls in the realm of Yesterday's Child has been carefully chosen for her elegance, charm and poise, and each piece captures a unique glimpse into a time when childhood was treasured and beauty reigned. Beck LOVES these beautiful handmade necklaces and brooches - gorgeous!!
Each piece has been designed and handmade by Beck's very talented friend Jeanette Payne.
- Pianos and didgeridoos in West Yorkshire
Next time you're in Haworth, West Yorkshire, drop in and visit Beck's friend Andy at Pied Piper Pianos (where you can play and buy not only pianos, but also didgeridoos!).
Pied Piper Pianos
21 Victoria Avenue
West Yorkshire BD22 8HP
Phone: 01535 647 133
- Old Silent Inn
Beck's favourite haunted inn - a great place to stay, and a huge creative inspiration!
"The Old Silent Inn offers not only fine cuisine but a traditional pub steeped in history. Although the pub dates back over 400 years, earliest records show the premises to have been a family farming business in 1822. The antiquity and mystique of the Old Silent has inspired several authors to write fictitious novels based upon the Inn including Martha Grimes and her inspector Jury novels and Halliwell Sutcliffe in 1905 first mentioning the name The Old Silent Inn - inspiring rumours that Bonnie Prince Charlie used to frequent the premises. The young Prince stayed at the inn for several weeks, relying on the silence of the locals for his safety and freedom. The villagers were told to 'keep silent' hence the present name.
With all the mysticism and tales that have been told, there is no escaping the fact that this historical Inn has had many a ghostly sighting, from the two young children who stay upstairs, a headless soldier, a ghostly tinkling bell and a large male figure seen at the bar (who supposedly met his demise whilst defending Bonnie Prince Charlie).
Set in the beautiful surroundings of the Bronte sisters romantic moors only moments away from the Pennine Way."
As well as the stunning location and fabulous ghost stories, the Old Silent Inn offers comfortable accommodation and is constantly winning awards for its brilliant cuisine and wide range of local cask ales.
The Old Silent Inn and Wishing Well Restaurant
West Yorkshire BD22 0HW
Phone: 01535 647 437
- Michelle Chandler
Michelle Chandler is a very talented Australian songwriter and musician. Michelle recently toured the UK (and shared some gigs with Beck) and they had a blast singing together. Sensitive, heart-felt lyrics about relationships, emotions and life-experiences. She's a lovely lady and a valued friend. Check her out :-)
- Michael Doyle - Photographer
- Specialising in the photography of musicians, Michael Doyle is wonderfully talented (and very nice too :-)
- Oldies Videos
- A fabulous website maintained by Beck's good friend Gary Quinn. A great site to visit if you enjoy looking at vintage music clips.